Thursday, July 23, 2009

And the other shoe drops

I seriously considered writing a blog last week about how well things were going. I had time off, which is rare, and with Uciel not working we pretty much had a whole week to ourselves, very rare...the reason I wrote no such blog is mainly that I was too busy doing nothing...and enjoying every minute of it. The other reason, though, is that I didn't want to jinx everything; stuff was going pretty well and I was afraid saying it out loud would cause the other shoe to drop, so to speak.
Evidently I didn't need to say it out loud, it dropped. In the last couple of weeks, among my family and friends, we have been presented with 3 deaths and 4 failing marriages. One would think I would be happy that the deaths and failures were not in my own personal life, but anyone who knows me well knows that I am an empathetic person and I tend to feel the pain of those I love.
I am blessed in my life and I strive to keep that in mind, but I cannot seem to release the sadness I feel for the plight of those around me...struggling with unfaithfulness, addiction and death, even murder and I feel overwhelmed.

No comments: