Saturday, August 30, 2008

Slim Down Saturday: a pleasant surprise

Yea! My scale says I have now lost 39 lbs total. That means [of my baby weight] I only have about 10-15 more to lose!!! I am pleasantly surprised because I had lost track and kinda stopped trying to keep going and just tried to maintain where I was at so...whoo hoo, yea for me! I thought I would share some of the things I have come to rely on as weight loss helpers:

1. Zone Bars--the Zone Diet is actually the one I am on, but they sell the bars at all Trader Joe's & Target type places. My favorite is the fudge graham flavor. It is perfectly balanced & will work as a snack and tide me over for about 2-3 hours. The other flavors are things like: Chocolate Peanut butter, Caramel Cluster, Strawberry Yogurt, Cinnamon Roll (another of my favorites) and now they have some with actual fruit in them. Look for the yellow box.

2. Special K protein water--again, works to tide me over for about 1-2 hours (especially before/after practice). I like the strawberry-kiwi flavor in single serving packs-just add & shake.

3. Costco Chicken sandwiches--those frozen [seemingly fake] chicken patty sandwiches only take 45 seconds to warm up and they come dry so you can add whichever toppings you want. I keep a few sandwiches in my work fridge with a bottle of ranch salad spritzer and use that instead of mayo. (Sometimes I opt for low-fat honey mustard instead)

4. Water--an obvious one, I know, but I am not a water drinker. The extreme heat and practicing with the team has gotten me back into drinking more water & you would be surprised to learn that what they say is actually true: if you drink all your water, don't drink or do drugs, exercise regularly & eat right...you really do feel better! (imagine that) ;-D

Let me know if you are trying to lose weight too, I have LOTS of tips and tricks cause if I don't keep it changing & find new stuff, I give up easily.

4 comments:

Natali said...

Great job on the weight loss! I like the Luna Bars, but I will have to try the Zone ones.

GG said...

Good job! Sounds like you have made lifestyle changes - not just the same old "diet" stuff. I'm looking forward to hearing about you fitting into your pre-pregnant wardrobe again...

RenderingRisch said...

Nice Job! Keep on sharing.

Natali said...

Oh Amanda, where are you?