Friday, January 23, 2009

A Day in the Life of a Teacher

This week was surprisingly long and tiring but today was a great ending. I loved it because it was what I always imagined teaching would be:

  • I spent last night working on lesson plans for Romeo and Juliet (until 1 a.m. but its worth it).
  • I actually got to work a little early (incredibly unusual for me)
  • Had a great day teaching R&J and really easy grammar, even got off topic and covered politics, music and movies and still got everything done (the kids were really engaged and on a roll today)
  • We had a really fun rally (we're talkin' pies in teachers' faces, flying shoes & carmex...crazy)
  • Got to visit with my dad when I picked up Isa & had a nice, quiet drive home while she slept
  • Had an easy dinner when I got home and spent all evening playing with my girl in front of the fire hubby made me.

This is what I worked for: the chance to influence the future through my students, a set schedule so I have plenty of time with my family and the comfort of our own home.

I feel sooo blessed today.

Thank you, Lord.

No comments: